ND California Career Steps
Current Students: If you are interested in California opportunities, please follow these steps to get looped into California employment opportunities.
- Make an appointment with a Career Counselor/Consultant to learn about all of the amazing career resources available to you and to get your resume reviewed before the Career Fair on September 5th: Undergraduate Students, Graduate Students, MBA, MSA, MSM, MSBA, MSF, Law.
- Update your industry and regional interests in Go IRISH under "My Account" -> Personal -> Current Industry Interests.
- Upload your resume to the California Resume Book through Go IRISH (Documents -> Opt in Books) before August 31st. MBA students please upload your resume in DOME. I will be doing a large resume push in September to all of the alumni, recruiters, and hiring managers I have been working with in California. Based on your experience on your resume, you may receive an email or a call from an employer asking if you are interested in applying to a job opportunity at their organization. Please be prepared to respond in a timely manner so that we can keep our relationships with our employers strong.
- Join the California Student Club and come to club meetings for monthly updates on employer activity - click here. We will have our first club meeting the week of September 3rd and I will share the updated "Golden Spreadsheet" which contains important California employer and recruiting information.
- Network with Notre Dame alumni and recruiters who are at the companies you want to work at. Build your network early, so when a job opens later you already have internal contacts who are willing to help you. Find these alumni by using LinkedIn and use Career Shift to get their work email addresses. Please make sure you are properly coached on how to outreach to alumni and recruiters before doing so - click here.
- Continue to check Go IRISH for job opportunities. Apply to positions that align with your career interests. Make sure you tailor your resume to the job description before applying. Also, use powerful job search tools such as Career Shift, LinkedIn, WayUp and the Online Resources on the Center for Career Development's website.
- If you accept a position in California fill out this google form to be included on the invitation list for summer 2019 events with students and alumni. Also, please withdraw your resume from the California resume books in Go IRISH (Documents -> Opt-in Books -> Withdraw) so that I do not forward your resume to employers and/or alumni.