Event Purpose: To connect Notre Dame Interns and new grads to their peers and the Notre Dame Alumni network in the area, to better enhance a feeling of engagement and to provide the students with unofficial mentors to reach out to for any type of advice. In addition, to better connect The Notre Dame Talent and Employer Relations Specialist (Kaci Kelly) to alumni in the area who are interested in hiring Notre Dame Students or want to learn more about the Notre Dame Career Service piece of the California Initiative.
- 6:00 PM: Check in, Networking, Food
- 6:40 PM: Welcome: Kaci Kelly (Career Services CA) Michelle Generaux (ND OC Club)
- 6:50 PM: Rick Thues: How to Give an Elevator Speech Introduction
- 7:00 PM: Introduction of Notre Dame Alumni
- 7:10 PM Round 1: Round Table Discussions
- 7:30 PM: Round 2: Round Table Discussions
- 7:50 PM: Wrap up the program
- 8:00 PM: Closing remarks
Notre Dame Alumni Participants:
- Ed Cunningham ’84: Suffolk Construction, Sr. Director of People & Culture
- Viral Kothari ’11: Morgan Stanley, Fixed Income
- Michelle Generaux ’93: Murtaugh Meyer Nelson & Treglia LLP, Partner
- Tony Roberts: The University of Notre Dame, Regional Director of Development
- Rick Thues ’75: iMentor Consulting, Owner
- William Flanagan ’09: Clean Energy Fuels, Director of Finance
- Catherine Holland ’83: Knobbe Martens, Partner
- Alan Armijo ’85: Tech International Power Partners USA, President
- Casey Lawrence ’75: Donahue Schriber Realty Group, President and COO
- Kevin Phan ’14: Roth Capital Partners, Investment Banking Analyst
- Mike Neis ’84: DNB Engineering, QA Manager
- Debbie Loughran: The University of Notre Dame, Regional Director of Development
- Paul Irving ’88: Praetorian Advisors, Partner
- Chewy Liong ’05: Financial Services and Peace Corps Volunteer
Round Table Topics:
Example questions for students to ask alumni
- What is your favorite part about living in Orange County?
- Tell me about your career path and how you made it to your current role?
- What do you like and dislike about your current company?
- Who has influenced you the most in your life?
- How and where do you find inspiration?
- What is one characteristic that you think every leader should possess?
- What is your most rewarding accomplishment?
- What advice would you give someone starting out in their career?